Thursday, February 5, 2009

Riding the Bus


Do you ever catch yourself in the moment, staring at something or someone, not knowing how long you have been staring at them/it?  Well I do that a lot.  Get lost in thought and then I wake up and theirs someone staring back as me with a weird look on their face.  Well yesterday I was doing that on the bus but, it was the back of this woman's head, I became so intrigued by her hair and the way it was laying perfectly on her head.  Not one hair was out of place, why was I contemplating this? I have no idea, but I want to start photographing these moments that I have, deep in thought, so here is the first of many... What do you guys think? Is it crazy, maybe I'm crazy? Although I think that we have already established that...

6 comments:

  1. love it! i've been doing this for the past couple of weeks. looks like we're about to have a cross-country bus-photo project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those moments are the best, thats when you are really just letting go of over analyzing and just going by instinct. keeps doing this, i really love the soft light in this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That starring thing….. what is that? And who would have guessed it would actually turn into a really nice image. Maybe that’s why you were starring. It is amazing where we can find beauty isn’t it? That image is so simple but it works so well for me. Maybe it is familiar. Is it just the color and composition?!? So important that you included the handicap stickers. I think you hit on something amazingly simple and really effective, which is a really hard thing to do. It is a visual thing. When you describe the image, it sounds silly. When you trusted your instinct and shot it, you confirmed your instinct to see beautiful images. BRAVO. Keep starring. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurting others? Thats silly. I think you comments are giving the photo kids a taste of last year which I believe makes them very happy.

    I get pretty obsessed with strangers on the bus (I mean, did you see my books) Its just interesting to think about your relationship to these strangers, and their relationship to you and everyone else on the bus.. all while you are being plummeted through the city by crazy drivers so that state is constantly changing. I think you should be clear to yourself why you are interested in these people then you can start making formal decisions that will convince the viewers eye of certain things.

    ReplyDelete