Tuesday, January 20, 2009

while no one was watching

this image is from the series (tentatively titled "while no one was watching") i've been working on since moving west. just turned in a batch of 15 for my final today. will post more over the course of the week.

thoughts?

will post my artist statement later this week. although, the text has already been turned if for class, i still welcome comments and constructive criticism. trying to learn how to do this thing properly (whatever that is!), i guess.


3 comments:

  1. Immediately I have to decide whether this bright blue light shining in the background is inviting or the locked gate is a sign to stay away. or is it neither. They have this comfortable feeling in once sense yet I'm scared to go any farther then the point where I am at. I want to see them together.
    How do you feel about the work thus far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and it's really beautiful image... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In contrast to what Gab said,(what can i say, i'm a visual kind of guy), I'm immediately drawn to the decisively caught composition. It's perfectness adds to the erieness of the picture, things are too clean, too quiet, too normal. But all this combined along with the words of the chica above me make it quite the erie picture.

    The gate add a tension between the viewer and what's going on behind it, what is going on behind the gate? It's almost as if some kind of extra terestrial activity is going on, with the dark blue starry sky and then the unnatural beam of light(or whatever that lighter shade of blue is). What's going on inside that windowless white building? Or is it the target itself? The tree shadow creeping up it's back wall.

    I want to get around this fence and see what's going on on the other side. Curiousity fills my mind.

    ReplyDelete