Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wanted to show you guys my studio

Tricia mentioned she thought it would be cool to see my new painting in the many stages that paintings will go through.. this my dears is stage one I already painted more but I'll take a picture again tomorrow after I paint 9-5. 


And on to my lovely studio:
Inspiration wall, note the super anal organization folders I made the other day :)





And lastly, this is the painting that I posted earlier. I worked on it longer and this picture shows the full painting (40" x 46"). I submitted it to the annual student exhibition today so cross my fingers to get in.

4 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it! thanks so much for sharing the world where you're working. very cool. love the anal folders (surprise!). i just organized all my metalsmithing and woodworking supplies - folders all over the place for all that sandpaper and sheets o metal!

    so in to seeing your work in progress. really cool.

    and i love seeing the final product of your earlier painting. i'm really in to the overall colors and movement. fingers crossed, lady! good luck and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Really like the large painting. But dislike the gray faced figure's flatness. The line across where his eyes would be also is distracting from the work.

    Also I would like to hear about where the images come from and what they were to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking about that plane that crashed in New york recently and everyone survived. When I see your work in progress painting.

    ReplyDelete