Friday, January 23, 2009

source material for next painting


Just thought I would share some source material with you guys.. I've been gridding and printing this image today so I can have a larger picture to paint from. After enlarging and distorting I thought it looked pretty cool, I love working from heavily distorted images right now I feel like it gives me a little more freedom to add what I feel the painting needs and not what is in the picture. I'm pretty excited to sit down and start adding colors but not that excited to draw it all out.
I also worked on the other painting I posted more last night.. I'll take a full shot with dimensions so you guys can get a better feel for it.

ps- click on this picture so it gets really big ah! I love the dots.
pps- comment on my discussion topic I posted the other day, meanies.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful imagery. I think the same gritty-ness that you enjoy in the copies you should show through the painting. Not necessarily in a literal way, but rough and nostalgic feeling.

    I want to see the finish of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you're sharing your process of making your paintings. really interesting! the thing about the dots - it looks to me like a charcoal drawing on some paper with a pretty significant tooth. can't wait to see how it turns out in painting form! if its possible and something you're cool with doing, it would neat to see images as you go through each stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like a charcoal drawing or paint thats been scraped a little from the canvas. yea I will take more pics of the process i just gotta stop being lame about being scared to take my nikon out with me

    ReplyDelete
  4. get a camera bag that you can then put in one of your old lady/art student sacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a camera bag and its huggeeee. hmm maybe i should search the internets for a real cute one.

    ReplyDelete