Friday, April 17, 2009

back in the dark

have started back to the night photos. so, the sky starts to get light around 4:30 am out here right now. not great for my morning photo shoots. but, i got this the other day.



i think this is my 3rd try to get it. have 3 rolls left to scan and a bunch to edit. assisting a night photography workshop tomorrow and sunday (yeah!) so hopefully, i'll be able to capture some more images this weekend, too.

might try to post a bunch in the next 2 weeks to get your feedback before my final crit. having some struggles with the feedback process in my class, so, am looking for other thoughts. you know.

3 comments:

  1. Hello T, queen of the night. haha this is looking really awesome, the light on the street and that rock wall is really beautiful, i kinnddaa want a little more information around the left side next to the rock though, but i would love to see more, i cant wait. good luck getting all of your prints done for final crit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo, It looks like it was taken down the street from my apartment on rock creek parkway (where sandra levy's body was found) So, I associate this image with a feeling that is cold, mysterious, and haunting. I want to see more of these, and like katie, I want to see more information, if your going for the minimalist look then, I want to see less. This image is going somewhere but, I feel like it hasn't hit it right on the nose yet. It's interesting and it for sure has my mind wondering about what could be going on in a narrative sense.

    PS Can you guys believe we are about to be seniors! time is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. creepyy i see a lot of the photoscan collages in this photograph, compositionally and the way the lights and darks are organized. I want to further investigate in a longer comment on the other post... tomorrow girl. love it good luck finishing up.

    ReplyDelete